Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
Continuously Improve the Finishing Strategy AWC incorporates throughout all finishing sites. Leveraging of latest technology to further enhance AWC quality of product and profitability. Oversee site measured scorecard goal attainment including but not limited to: OEE, FPY and Quality Improvements, Equipment Availability, Cost Controls, Performance Efficiency and New Product Development deliverables.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience with large process systems - spray finishing experience preferred.
- Clear sub-systems knowledge - chemical, operations, finishing, electrical training or experience.
- Demonstrated experience working directly on the plant floor with process equipment developing process controls
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Basic personal computer skills in a networked environment a plus, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) are required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common training, technical journals, statistical reports and blueprints/schematics
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Advanced math skills, including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams
- Listen and communicate effectively with internal clients, employees and contractors/vendors
- Develop presentations to be delivered to employee groups and management
- Ability to identify root cause and develop permanent solution action steps
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field is preferred
- Assure finishing systems have leveraged the most up to date equipment that can be reasonably incorporated at each finishing site.
- Work with supplier chemists to analyze and develop the most robust finish chemistry that leads to best in class aesthetics, fast dry times, and is most cost effective.
- Manage projects in a controlled manner utilizing AWC gantt chart tools. Coordinating internal and external suppliers.
- Develop next generational application of technologies, being a main strategic contributor to blue-ocean finishing strategies, incorporating step changes leading to AWC finishing excellence.
- Thoroughly understand the physics behind finishing line systems at each site. Apply that understanding to machine performance (OEEaPE,EA,QR), apply Lean Manufacturing principles and procedures and Continuous Improvements. Line systems including but not limited to:
- Spray application equipment - diagnose issues and oversee repair
- Maintain control over all aspects of fluid delivery - pumps, regulators, valves, etc.
- Sanding - specify material used for both automatic and hand systems- vendor review - training - tracking
- Oven systems
- Facilities input: electric, pneumatic, hydraulic...
- Various means of keeping product clean - electro static, lower pressure systems.
- Be a resident expert in DFMEA, and PFMEA's and assist in their development relating to finishing, assuring the outputs are incorporated consistently throughout all AWC finishing sites.
- Suggest machine upgrades to improve performance
- Oversee/perform machine upgrades - electrical/mechanical as required to improve uptime or first pass yield.
- Lead improvements to preventative and predictive maintenance program - vibration analysis, thermograph, amp draw graphing, dB frequency-amplitude, etc. Assuring that information is tied into Business Intelligence system.
- Provide constant upgrades (and training to maintenance) on PM system - based on experience gained
- Assure all finishes exhibit color and performance accuracy to product specifications.
- Specify industry standard best color matching systems and use that color matching machinery and software to ensure best in class color matching product.
- Support new color introductions, sample exchange and color matching. Work with our Management Team/Sales Team on producing customer samples
- Provide direction to all Team Members in the paint
- Assist in creation of and following of standard Work Instructions, Control Plans and procedures
- Operator equipment training - develop and update materials used as they relate to equipment. Oversee training of new operators if required.
- Assist with complex electrical or mechanical problems when support is required
- Insure proper filing and retention of all technical documents related to finishing (i.e. -electrical prints, control systems, and PLC/VFD programs)
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensures Policies are followed and provide guidance
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- EHS awareness, compliance and improvement
- Perform other tasks or duties as directed by manager
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear and occasionally required to sit
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms; occasionally working on a ladder
- Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor.
- This position will not have direct reports
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head
- Reports to: Director, Process Engineering
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- Travel Requirements:
- Moderate travel (25-50%) associated with this position
- Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews
- Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(k) Match
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.