RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
Demonstrate the ability to maintain a smooth and efficient flow of truck and rail
- Prior to loading product, inspect truck trailers and rail-cars to ensure they are free from containments.
- Ensure different product types are distributed into the appropriate trucks/rail cars and the proper weight is loaded for each shipment.
- Familiar with different silo product types.
- Complete bill of lading for truck and rail shipments.
Regulate coal yard to ensure placement and distribution of appropriate fuel types.
- Responsible for filling fuel bins with the proper fuel blend.
- Plan fuel car unloading and organize additional help as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels of Gyp bags and load out inventories.
- Maintain accurate silo inventory measurements.
- Training of new employees on equipment related to load out and fuel charging areas.
- Cross train in other production areas as needed.
Maintenance and quality control
- Keep rail and truck scales clean.
- Responsible for maintaining a water free environment from coal unloading pit and scales.
- Ability to make minor adjustments to load-out related equipment.
- Complete daily equipment check reports.
- Assist in plant cleanup of production areas as needed.
- Perform all assigned work adhering to Company and governmental safety rules and regulations, including company lock out tag out procedures. Ability to operate heavy equipment including shuttle wagon, front end loader, forklift, bobcat, and tractor in a safe manner.
Assist Shipping Coordinator as needed.
- Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledgeable of current environmental regulations and practices as they relate to the lime industry.
- Must be able perform basic mathematical computations.
- Must be able to work shift work, seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
- Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs.
- Demonstrate effective decision making skills regarding safety.
- Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to high temperatures, noise, and dust.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Able to lift over 50 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, bill of ladings, safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Effectively communicate and interact with supervisors, peers, external truck drivers, and dispatchers with the ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to operate computers and related controls.
Required Experience: 1-2 years experience in a load out environment.
Required Education: High School Diploma, GED Equivalent, or demonstrated skills or ability.
For this position, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays, and vacation. Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.