Requisition ID: 3093
Company:Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC
Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC ("Heartland Coca-Cola") produces, sells, and distributes the highest quality and best tasting Coca-Cola beverages across Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. Our success is rooted in the guiding principles of putting PEOPLE first, serving our local COMMUNITY, and providing great brands to our CUSTOMERS and consumers. We work and win together as a team by promoting a culture that values how our people think, feel, and act.
Merchandisers stock and merchandise our many beverage products in retail accounts. Merchandisers ensure that all beverage sections, end caps, racks and displays are filled for consumers. They monitor product date codes and rotate our products to ensure the best quality and freshness for our customers.
- Maintain and replenish products in store racks, shelves, displays, and coolers by transporting product between backroom/storage room to front-of-store with manual or powered equipment (pallet jack, hand-truck).
- Build, change or remove product displays while adhering to company standards; maintaining product signage; cleaning product space and securing damaged or defective product.
- Manage backroom by organizing our products, identifying, monitoring, and reporting inventory levels in partnership with the account manager of the store. Utilizing FIFO training to ensure timely sales of product.
- Evaluate and process damaged product; re-packing product; organizing backroom materials (i.e., pallets, product shells etc.) and weekly rotation of front-stock and back-stock; completing any required paperwork.
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Work Schedule: 4:00am - 6:00am start - Must be available to work on weekends.
- Speaking: Constantly (investigates, negotiates, recommends, reports, etc.)
- Acute Vision: Constantly (observing both near and far, reading documents)
- Typing: Frequently using electronic devices for day-to-day business (email, reports, instant messaging, texting)
- Mobility: Frequent travel throughout customer locations (Walking in backrooms, aisles, greeting customers)
- Bending/Squatting: Frequently (looking in racks at all levels, ordering product, counting cases, checking dates)
- Lifting: Frequent- Lift 40 lbs. or less (full cases of product)
- Pushing/pulling: Frequent use of manual carts
- Travel: constant travel between Customer Locations
- Able to be certified on manual and powered pallet jacks (includes hand trucks)
- Able to be certified on high loader lift (where applicable)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in grocery, retail, warehouse, manual labor or related field is required.
- Must be 18 years of age and legally eligible to work.
- Must have a personal vehicle for use during working hours.
- Prior experience working under little or no supervision preferred.
- Valid Driver's License, current vehicle liability insurance, driving record within policy guidelines including no major violations within the last three years.
- Experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks and electrical forklifts.
- Basic computer application and technology skills; knowledge of how to operate a smart phone and/or laptop.
- Flexibility with work hours; able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays due to customer demand.
At Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC ("Heartland Coca-Cola"), we offer a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, 401(k), new parent leave, tuition reimbursement and vacation.
We require all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to employment. This process will also include a drug screen, a review of Motor Vehicle Records for those who drive for the company as part of their job, and a fit for duty testing as required for some positions. Employment with Heartland Coca-Cola is contingent on the satisfactory completion of its background verification process.
Heartland Coca-Cola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and any other class protected by law.