Operate/drive/load DNNA trucks, tractors, tankers and specialty equipment to prepare and deliver ANFO, emulsion and any company explosive products to customers in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
As the Equipment Operator, you will be supporting the team by operating, driving/ and loading DNNA trucks, tractors, tankers and specialty equipment to prepare and deliver ANFO, emulsion and any company explosive products to customers in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. You will be responsible for driving and operating bulk/blend truck to prepare and deliver quality ANFO products to customer sites.
Other duties will include:
- Ability to competently complete inventory records, other appropriate documentation and reports
- Drive/operate straight bed vehicles over public roads to move or deliver explosive products to company or customer sites in a timely and safe manner
- Operate and perform maintenance on straight, ANFO, and dewatering trucks (or less), deliver and off load product within DN H&S Management System procedures and practices
- Calibrate equipment, calculate fuel percentages and check emulsion density
- Load and unload all trucks, and maintain magazines, sites and inventories
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working conditions in the shop, while driving and operating equipment and while on blast sites to protect personal safety and safety of others
- Prepare and maintain all records and reports concerning the handling and transportation of explosive products, including safety, and the use and detonation of explosives, in order to assure accurate billing, regulatory compliance and performance history
- Knowledgeable and use practices consistent with company policies and procedures from applicable technical modules, SOPs, work site, and safety policies and procedures.
- Lawn care, snow removal, wash equipment
- Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful event.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum HS degree or GED
- 24-36 months of mechanical, mining, logging, commercial driving, explosives or related work experience
- Must satisfy the requirements for a “possessor of explosives” as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
- Operate and perform minor maintenance of heavy motor vehicles including TTT and Semi trucks and perform gassing operations within H&S Management System procedures
- Acquire and maintain all appropriate licenses and certifications required by federal, state and county entities (e.g. CDL’s for commercial drivers with HAZMAT and Air Brakes endorsements).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.