What you will bring to the role:
- A postsecondary diploma in electrical engineering/technical trade qualification/ or relevant industry/trade background.
- 3 to 5 years in technical field role related to PV generation and/or power systems
- Experience in Commissioning and testing power distribution equipment including: Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers, HV Switches, HV/MV/LV Cables and Instrument Transformers.
- Experience in Commissioning and testing PV generation systems including VoC, Isc, IV curve
- Familiarity with Electrical lockout/Tag out procedure and Electrical Safety Training.
- Familiarity with industry Codes and Standards (IEEE, NETA).
- Ability and willingness to travel for out of town commissioning projects.
- Knowledge and application of health, safety, and environment principles/procedures/ legislation.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and priorities direct report tasks for prompt execution.
- Ability to manage and lead the start-up commissioning process.
- Ability to understand weather impacts on construction activities, including seasonal constraints on the commissioning process.
- Ability to identify and solicit internal or external support to solve construction challenges.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of virtual construction software and tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a strong safety culture.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get started!