RSG is seeking an experienced Controller to join the finance team in our employee-owned consulting practice. This position is based in our Arlington, Virginia, or White River Junction, Vermont office. TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL:
AS A CONTROLLER:
You are responsible for all day-to-day accounting operations within RSG. Your responsibilities encompass staff and process management, transaction oversight, reporting, planning, and compliance. You create and promote a positive and supportive work environment for the accounting team as you ensure the successful execution of the role and provide information via financial statements and other communication that supports the business.
- Manage ongoing performance, growth, and development of accounting team members.
- Maintain RSG's system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive system of controls overall accounting functions.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements (e.g., FAR, AASHTO, State DOT).
- Maintain account receivables and payables, ensure internal control, and safeguard receipt of revenue, costs, annual budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Manage banking activity and cash flow.
- Maintain the project and financial accounting system data and reporting capabilities.
- Partner with HR to manage and govern 401(k) plan, ESOP, and payroll processing.
- Drive operational efficiency and automation of finance and accounting processes.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee all financial project/program activity and ensure that expenditures consistently align throughout the year.
- Provide information needed by outside auditors to review and examine the company's financial statements and accounting system.
- Coordinate annual tax reporting, audit, and statement of overhead preparation with tax CPA's.
- Facilitate the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Monitor and report project variance and implement controls to guide project financial performance improvement.
- Develop financial models for forecasting trending and results analyses.
- Monitor compliance with debt covenants and multi-state government filing, tax reporting, and payment requirements.
- Maintain compliance with government contracting standards and requirements.
- Bachelor's in accounting or related field with 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- 7+ years of financial/accounting experience as a senior-level manager within the government consulting industry.
- 10+ years of detailed cost accounting experience.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, FAR, and DCAA.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Able to provide professionally prepared detailed financial data analyses.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts for individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the company's mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for finance.
- Applied knowledge and experience with project and financial accounting systems (Deltek preferred).
- MBA or MA/MS
- Deltek Vision Software
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine or computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with colleagues and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
Periodic travel is required. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL: