Collaborate with product leadership to test new experiences for advertisers and inform product design and strategy. Design research studies that drive strategic and tactical product decisions around hardware and software. Leverage various qualitative research methodologies to answer the research questions of product team. Partner with other research teams to leverage best practices for different types of research questions. Deliver actionable insights to product teams and document findings for other teams to build upon in future research efforts. Partner with data science, product marketing, design, engineering, and other stakeholders. Experience in applied product research. Experience working with stakeholders, developing research protocols, executing on those protocols, analyzing data, reporting results, and following through with teams for them to take action. Prior experience conducting exploratory research, concept tests and usability test; experience with leveraging analytics to inform qualitative research plans. Conduct interviews, product design research, ethnography, human factors and HCI.
Qualititive Research or Mixed Method
Tech Industry Preferred
Experience with HR Technology is a plus
Top 3 "must haves" for this position:
1. Insures and executes high-quality qualitative research
2. Clearly communicates findings and product design implications/recommendations
3. Minimal need for training or oversight
"Wish List" skills:
1. Have an experience-informed pov on where and how research can help the most
2. Identify larger strategy opportunities
3. Strong at collaborating with and influencing x-functional partners
How many years of Experience? 5-7+ years
1. What will this employee's first day responsibilities be: Role 1 People Insights: Exploratory research in a new domain to understand top user needs and painpoints, Role 2 People Core: Usability research on enterprise tools to identify and fix problems prior to launch
2. How is performance measured in this role: Peer and manager feedback on the usefulness of the research toward product design and strategy decision-making (we're looking for examples of specific actions taken as a result of the research), quality reviews of project documentation, fieldwork/moderating, reports and presentations (we're looking for adherence to research best practices)
3. What does best vs. average look like in this role (best employee vs. average employee)? Best employee co-owns product success, influences our strategy or product beyond their immediate product area, collaborates well with quantitative researchers and data scientists, offers solutions not just problems, and brings new research ideas and best practices to our community.
4. Are there any disqualifiers for this role?
Work Environment & Team/Department (size and # of contract/direct employees): 5 contractors, 12 FTE's, 2 managers
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent work experience.