Summary / Objective:
Junior IA/Cyber Security Analyst will support the objective of the CDCC, which is to support the ACC in its efforts to monitor and analyze cyberspace threats, coordinate cyberspace orders among missions, and provide a liaison between Major Commands (MAJCOMs) and outside entities relating to cyberspace intelligence.
- Provide expertise for DoD information technology programs to address life cycle security from inception of the program through accreditation, and obsolescence
- Maintain awareness of DOD and AF cybersecurity policies, directives and orders relevant to the CDCC's key terrain in cyberspace and the associated systems. Review and provide documentation required for the application, system, network, and site Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process
- Perform assessments including IA assessments of proposed and existing systems. Identify and assess security requirements and deficiencies suggesting risk mitigation strategies IAW Government policy and procedures in applications, systems, and applicable networks
- Conduct reviews and provide recommendations for resolution of inconsistencies within existing DoD A&A policies and procedures
- Support the implementation and compliance of DoD, NIST and AF A&A standards
- Assist in the compliance inspection process to ensure the established accreditation baseline is maintained. This requirement also includes a validation process to ensure that corrections to the security baseline are implemented and enhance the security posture
- Responsible for leveraging experience in a technical role within incident response, digital forensics, or a network defense/cyber operations role
- Provide operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems
- Perform host or network incident response, malware analysis, or forensics coordination - coordinates with 624 OC, other MAJCOM CDCCs and Cyber Squadrons for incidents and reports IAW all applicable policies
- Collect and analyze event information and perform threat analysis duties Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, analyzing and reporting discovered events
- Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified organizations
- Performs in-depth analysis and forensics, analyzes incident data, recommends solutions, coordinates response activities, and prepares reports for management
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Very little - less than 10%
Required Education and / or Experience:
- Active SEC+ or higher certification (i.e. Active CISSP or CASP)
- Preferred IT or Cybersecurity Degree
An active TS/SCI clearance or higher is required.
AAP / EEO Statement:
BTAS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BTAS is an E-Verify program participant.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.