We're looking for an Assessment Solution Sales Leader to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We're focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit .
As Assessment Solution Sales Leader, you will play an integral role in the success of the Blackboard North America Higher Education team. You will be responsible for promoting and positioning Blackboard's Assessment Solution software and Consulting Services within Blackboard's new and existing LMS client base. You'll be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales targets and building long-term customer relationships as an individual contributor and by supporting Blackboard Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, Marketing, and others as needed in order build external client awareness and internal awareness of the Assessment Solution. You will work closely with Consulting Services and the Product teams to ensure representation and understanding of the Assessment Solution is accurately conveyed and client requirements are being considered for future development.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Acting on behalf of Blackboard as the primary sales interface for its Assessment Solution in North America, meeting and exceeding set sales targets while adhering to Blackboard's sales rules of engagement
- Understanding the Assessment Solutions Product functionality, demonstrating the Assessment Solution products, and accurately presenting the implementation process to demonstrate value to new and existing clients
- Expanding the portfolio of Blackboard's Assessment Solution and Consulting Services within the higher education community by identifying, qualifying, and closing new sales opportunities for the Assessment Solution, and maintaining a continual loop process with Sales and Consulting Leadership, Implementation Specialists, and Product Leadership to improve our offerings and relevance to market needs
- Assisting Consulting Services with maintenance of external and internal communication resources
- Developing and managing executive-level relationships with new and existing clients for Assessment-related needs and sales opportunities
- Operationalizing annual plans with the assistance of Assessment Implementation Consultants, Product Specialists, Sales Management, and other functional leads as appropriate
- Leveraging Salesforce.com to maintain a growing pipeline while adhering to Blackboard's forecasting methodology
- Frequenting on-site and remote participation in pre-sales presentations and discussions on Blackboard's Assessment Solution with Account Executives and others
This position is best suited for someone who enjoys developing relationships while working on positioning Blackboard's Assessment Solution and Consulting services to existing clients and new clients as a higher percentage of their day-to-day time.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an academic leadership position and with direct experience in Assessment, such as an Assessment Director, Assessment Coordinator for a Program, a Chair, and/or Assistant Dean
- Demonstrated experience with regional accreditation, program review, external program accreditors, and program and general education assessment of student learning
- Strong knowledge of the higher education sector regarding assessment and accreditation requirements and eLearning sector
- Highly developed client or academic constituent focus on services and satisfaction
- Ability to present a confident, comfortable, and pleasant manner; ability to speak in person, via webinar, or by phone to academic leaders and faculty; ability to effectively engage and manage disinterested, resistant, and/or dissatisfied individuals
- Self-starter with ability to work independently while collaborating with others and ability to effectively manage multiple projects and requirements simultaneously
- Ability to research and synthesize key ideas and present them effectively in various forms
- Fluency in building a pipeline, moving these opportunities through a cycle of proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with directors or other executive decision-makers
- Experience operating within a fast-paced, multi-disciplined virtual team
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Travel: 40-60%
- Doctoral degree
- Consultative selling and relationship management in an enterprise/solution and/or technical sales environment
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.