The Project Controls Analyst reports to the Project Control Analyst Lead. The incumbent is responsible for executing business processes related to planning, estimating, tracking, analysis and reporting throughout the life cycle of a portfolio of contracts and task orders as assigned. Duties include coordinating with project team to produce financial deliverables for both internal and external use, cost and schedule updates, and perform Estimates at Completion (EACs) for management analysis. The employee interacts and provides direct support to management and other project team members and advises project management on financial matters related to the execution of contracts and task orders. Specific assignment will include monitoring project cost in conjunction with schedule performance and performing related analyses. The employee provides input for management review presentations and participates in proposal preparation; interfaces with members of Finance, Accounting, Contracts, Pricing, Procurement, and Senior Management. The Project Controls Analyst will work in both virtual and office team environments. Other duties may be assigned.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Track all costs in Excel format spreadsheets to validate that actuals plus projected costs do not exceed budget.
- Monitor and maintain individual project spreadsheets.
- Track incremental funding and de-obligations.
- Request MODs and administrative MODs.
- Monitor appropriate CLINs and funding levels.
- Coordinate with HR and payroll for employee set-up (as needed).
- Assure coordination of appropriate labor CLINs and project codes to include start and termination dates for employees assigned to the contract.
- Enter timesheets, DBA, Hazpay/Postdiff into spreadsheets (as needed).
- Provide DBA costs to accounting each pay period.
- Review new task orders for accuracy and consistency.
- Review MODs for accuracy.
- Receive task order requests (TORs) from client and coordinate dissemination of information to cross-functional team members.
- Coordinate the implementation of client-authorized CLIN changes.
- Review and approve prelims/invoices for all task orders.
- Participate in monthly meeting with PM to review project financial performance.
- Request labor corrections as needed.
- Request reclass of costs as needed.
- Research discrepancies for proper classification.
- Coordinate with PM regarding costs and OT.
- Follow up with payroll or AP regarding reclass requests.
- Obtain appropriate back-up documents as needed.
- Contact clients for payment status (aging).
- Notify Contract Administrator when additional contract funding needs are identified.
- Identify financial discrepancies related to contracts and task orders.
- Coordinate with Contracts Department and Subcontractor(s) to resolve invoice errors.
- Process Material Requisitions for new TO set-up and for additional funding requirements.
- Process administrative MRs for labor CLINs, etc.
- Monitor start dates and termination dates.
- Receive new project estimates/quotes for TORs.
- Coordinate with Subs regarding various PM and financial issues.
- Provide payment status on invoices as needed.
- Assist with payroll processing (as needed for backup purposes).
- Assist with TER processing and Wells Fargo approvals (as needed for back up purposes).
- Initiate new project set-up process.
- Coordinate employee "linking" to appropriate projects.
- Complete monthly sub-contractor accruals. Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to obtain a clearance.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, predominantly Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Program Management, Accounting or an appropriate related discipline (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 5 years Project Control or related experience.
- General understanding of multiple contract types: FFP, FPLOE, T&M, CPAF, CPFF, and hybrid contracts.
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.