We're looking for a International Tax Manager to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We're focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit .
As International Tax Manager, you will report to the Vice President, Tax and be primarily responsible for supporting planning, provision, and compliance efforts specifically related to International tax matters.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing critical tax advice on Blackboard's business structures and transactions to ensure Blackboard achieves the appropriate balance of economic business results, financial accounting, tax accounting, and tax cash flows
- Efficiently and effectively executing tax research and planning activities related to development/investment activities, operations support, acquisitions and dispositions, and other matters
- Managing preparation of US international income tax returns by outside preparers
- Coordinating international components of the US income tax return including review of all relevant forms (e.g. Form 5471, etc.)
- Coordinating international portion of annual and quarterly tax provisions
- Managing income tax aspects of international investment opportunities, restructuring transactions, and other international tax matters
- Monitoring and reviewing foreign legislation that may impact business operations globally, most importantly including the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Proactively identifying opportunities for securing additional tax savings in connection with global operations and investments
- Working on international issues in IRS or foreign exams
- Working closely with cross-functional groups on implementing international investment opportunities and managing international tax issues from ongoing operations
- Coordinating all aspects of the company's transfer pricing including planning, managing, and documenting the automated transfer pricing process; coordinating with outside consultants regarding preparation of the various transfer pricing studies and other projects
- Supporting other aspects of the tax provision and tax compliance process
- Assisting the Director, Indirect Taxes on certain VAT and GST issues as the need arises
- Strong international income tax planning, compliance, and provision/reporting experience with public companies as well as experience with international indirect taxes
- 5+ years of post-graduate professional US international income tax experience (including in-depth knowledge of GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Subpart F, OECD/BEPS, ATAD, CFCs, FTCs) in a global organization with increasing responsibility
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, structured, and demanding reporting close environment; results-oriented; ability to deliver results under difficult conditions and demonstrate balanced judgment under pressure; ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Broad experience in corporate tax, partnership tax, and mergers/acquisitions; willingness to work on a variety of technical projects/assignments
- Analytical thinker with ability to take ownership of assignments and manage multiple projects to an efficient close with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with Accounting and Tax department personnel, other internal groups, and third-party service vendors
- History of consistently delivering business results
- Strong business acumen and service orientation
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to stay abreast of current income tax developments
- Responsive; ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities, and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
- CPA, Masters, or JD strongly preferred
The Team & Office:
Blackboard has an office in the vibrant Plaza America in Reston, VA.
- Countless walkable places to eat lunch or dinner within the plaza including Grill Kabob, Mod Pizza, Brown Bag, and The Melting Pot
- Free drinks in the office
- Half a mile from Reston Town Center
- Accessible via Metro - Wiehle-Reston East- Silver line (approx. 1 mile from office)
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard Inc. is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.