The Field Supervisor (FS) oversees the execution of all IMAP team visits for their assigned teams, and assists in all technical matters related to the IMAP contract, according to their technical background and expertise. This includes communicating with all technicians on assigned teams regarding any questions or issues encountered during each visit, communicating with the COR regarding SOW issues or adjustments, and communicating with the Operations and Logistics groups to resolve any scheduling or logistical issues. The position requires extensive knowledge and experience with technical work, equipment maintenance, regulations, and safety.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist Maintenance Engineer (ME) and Senior Field Managers (SFM) in developing, refining, and enforcing requirements for all contractual SOWs, SOPs, and safety procedures
- Assist Operations Team in resolving all conflicts or issues that arise while scheduling and coordinating visits for all assigned IMAP teams
- Responsible for the performance of assigned IMAP teams during each visit, ensuring that the SOW is completed in accordance with the contract, and in a professional manner
- Communicate regularly with assigned IMAP technicians to share feedback, expectations, program updates, and program best practices
- Ensure that assigned IMAP Technicians have all necessary documents and information before arrival to Posts (such as previous TCRs and details of any corrective maintenance work requested prior to the visit)
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for corrective maintenance work by working with Government representatives, IMAP Technicians, Post personnel, and any available proposals, blueprints, technical specifications, and related documents
- Propose Preventative and Corrective Maintenance SOW changes for each visit, as identified by assigned IMAP teams, for Government approval
- Review and edit Trip Completion Reports (TCR) for each visit completed by assigned IMAP teams, to verify accuracy, clarity, and completeness of all information
- Review completed equipment PM checklists for each visit completed by assigned IMAP teams to ensure they are detailed, legible, complete, and that all information about work completed is included in the associated visit’s TCR
- Edit and clarify Bills of Material (BOM) included in TCR for each visit completed by assigned IMAP teams
- Coordinate with the IMAP Logistics team to identify and procure parts and materials related to assigned team visits or emergency response visits requested by OBO
- Coordinate with the Logistics Manager to ensure that all deployed technicians have required tools, equipment, and PPE required to complete their assigned SOW
- Review and approve Deltek Timesheets for all technicians on assigned IMAP Teams
- Work with ME and SFMs to advise OBO, Facility Managers, and deployed IMAP technicians in all matters pertaining to SOW for assigned IMAP teams
- Review technical data, SOW updates, and summaries from assigned IMAP teams for accuracy and clarity.
- Travel to overseas work locations periodically for the purposes of Quality Assurance (QA) oversight over all assigned IMAP teams
- Complete necessary inspection reports and documentation required to support findings during QA Visits
- Work with ME and SFMs to create and update standardized maintenance checklists and procedures for assigned IMAP teams, as necessary
- Identify unsatisfactory trends or repetitive discrepancies and present clear, concise, and appropriate recommendations to improve workflow or techniques that will enhance efficiency, quality, and safety
- Manage and give feedback to technicians on assigned IMAP teams to improve performance and quality of field work, including administering discipline, when necessary
- Maintain working knowledge of latest applicable technical codes and regulations, to ensure work completed by all assigned IMAP teams is in compliance
- Work with ME and SFS to interview and vet all prospective technicians for assigned IMAP teams identified by IMAP Recruiters
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Active Secret Clearance; TS Clearance preferred.
- For HVAC Field Supervisor
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university; AND a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical design, renovation, or HVAC/BAS maintenance;
- A Master’s HVAC license; AND 7 years’ experience in mechanical design, renovation, or HVAC/BAS maintenance.
- For Electrical Field Supervisor
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university AND a minimum of 3 years’ experience in electrical design or renovation;
- A Master Electrician’s license; AND 15+ years’ experience in electrical design or renovation
- For Generator Field Supervisor
- Be a graduate of a state approved/accredited or military program that provides formal training in electrical generating and power transfer equipment AND have 10 years’ experience (to have been completed in the last 15 years).
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with handling multiple concurrent workflows and meet competing deadlines that may require quick turnaround.
- Must have the physical ability to periodically travel overseas
- Must be able to work on ladders, access rooftops and other hard to reach areas, and be able to lift and carry materials and tools in excess of 25 lbs
- Must be familiar with the requirements outlined by organizations associated with assigned IMAP teams, such as ASHRAE, ISA (111), OSHA, NFPA 70 (E), NEMA, OSHA and other safety regulations.