District HRPD Manager
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of.
As a Human Resources Manager for our California Buildings office in Glendale, CA, you will contribute to our team by:
- Providing guidance to the district HR team by helping identify and resolve issues, encouraging excellent HR practices, anticipating internal organization issues, proposing solutions and understanding/representing the districts' perspective.
- Taking responsibility for overall accountability, execution, and integrity of a comprehensive and diverse recruitment strategy, onboarding and student program at the district level. Utilizing appropriate recruitment sourcing strategies.
- Serving as a key change agent for initiatives impacting the district.
- Developing and support key HR strategies through participation in company and sector-driven HR initiatives and committees.
- Ensuring district HR practices and solutions comply with corporate policy and applicable legislation. Identifying and managing risk and opportunities within HR processes, projects or programs at a district level.
- Leveraging key performance indicators to assess the effectiveness of HR solutions and services and developing recommendations as appropriate.
- Providing key HR metrics to district leaders and national HR leaders, identifying trends that impact the business.
- Leading/overseeing the creation and implementation of HR initiatives that are of a district-specific nature, ensuring budgets align with district strategy and priorities.
- Partnering with district executives to develop the district organization structure and operating models in support of the immediate and projected district growth and expansion. Taking responsibility for overseeing and influencing district level compensation philosophy, strategy and communication in alignment with PCL's compensation philosophy and policy.
- Taking responsibility for overall compensation plan.
- Overseeing, executing, and influencing the district's career management program to ensure retention, development, and engagement of district talent.
- Providing advice and support to district leadership on promotions, leadership programs, and award nominees.
- Leading/overseeing the facilitation of the district's talent review/succession-planning including consolidation of reports for the national review. Providing coaching and support on talent review and succession planning processes and resulting plans.
- Guiding and coaching district leadership and HR staff through routine and complex employee relations issues progressive discipline process, including the development and delivery of performance improvement plans and/or progressive disciplinary strategies.
- Leading/overseeing complex investigations, including risk assessment, communication/ implementation of recommended outcomes/decisions. Being accountable for the integrity of HR data, including compliance analysis. Identifying trends and recommendations for improvement of HR district plans and strategies.
- Developing and delivering district and national level training programs and complex facilitation sessions. Developing and implementing comprehensive training assessments and plans to support district talent management strategies.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer-focused relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Providing coaching and guidance to HR staff to improve function, performance and capabilities while identifying development needs.
What you will bring to the role:
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in human resources or a related discipline. Completion of HR designation.
- Experience with direct and indirect reports that include district HR manager, HR generalists HR coordinators, district recruiter and administrative support.
- 8+ years of progressive human resources experience preferred. 5+ years of supervisory experience involving managing an HR team.
- A trusted advisor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to apply expert knowledge to define HR best practices and procedures.
- Advanced business acumen with an understanding of industry practices and new developments.
- Ability to use information and data to interpret, analyze, and recommend strategic solutions.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment in a highly matrix organization.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to delegate and coordinate activities effectively and lead and motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to negotiate, influence, and present ideas and content that contribute to the district strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated planning, organization, and time management skills. Expert application of California employment legislation.
- Advanced experience in training, facilitation, and in managing complex sessions including conflict resolution.
- Experience facilitating course curriculum for training programs.
- Excellent networking skills with the ability to develop and maintain HR and business-related networks.
- Results-oriented, with proven project management experience.
- Proven ability to lead teams through significant change management initiatives.
- Expert critical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead, inspire, create vision, and strategy for the district.
- Ability to coach district leaders and their teams through complex employee relations issues.
- Demonstrated experience executing employment investigations and recommending solutions to mitigate risk.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable systems.
- Ability to travel to various project sites and company offices.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get started!
PCL Construction Services, Inc.
United States-California-Los Angeles
Sep 28, 2020, 2:49:30 PM
Regional HRPD Manager