As an Infrastructure Engineer in Distribution IT, you'll assist with production implementation and support of new and existing technologies.
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you'll do:
- Maintain a high level of customer service by answering business partner's calls, emails, and instant messages.
- This will include direct interaction with business partners to identify, research, document, design solutions and resolve issues.
- Responsible for learning and providing contributions by understanding technical functionality, usability, design, security and operation of supported systems.
- Independently research complex solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Working Conditions: Must be able to move 30 pounds as a physical requirement of the position. May be required to provide on call support; occasional domestic travel will be required, including overnight stays.
Here are some the tools and technologies you may utilize in this role:
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Office
- Mobile devices - iOS/Android/Windows
- Citrix Receiver/XenDesktop/XenApp
- Cisco Networking LAN/WAN/Wireless
- Principal Financial Group proprietary software
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We'll reward you for the skills and experience you have.
- A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it's no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition-including #3 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That's why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
We're looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience
- Relevant internship or professional experience in an IT customer service, IT support or IT troubleshooting role or related experience
Core competencies for success:
- Must have basic planning/organizational, time management, decision-making, and superb written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain accuracy and confidentiality
- Possess strong problem-solving and big-picture/conceptual skills
- Must be able to work with people at all levels and demonstrate the ability to understand and embrace change
Willing to consider applicants at multiple job levels.
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you'll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we'd hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about-empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we're a member of the FORTUNE 500 and a global investment management leader.
So that's what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what's right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our