Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people's lives. Consider joining us as a Animal Operations Supervisor in our Operations department in Cumberland, VA! We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for... making a difference in people's lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with...and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
- Responsible for maintaining facilities housing the saleable inventory (G2). Supervision of Socialization team to maintain strict adherence to departmental SOPs and AAALAC and USDA requirements. Provides supervisory support to overall operation of Canine saleable inventory. Support and assist Site Director with daily operations oversight. Take leadership of site in absence of Site Director.
How you will contribute to make a difference
- Manage and coordinate the daily operation of the socialization staff.
- Ensure the quality of saleable animals through thorough processing, examination, preconditioning and preparation.
- Assure strict compliance with standard operation procedures, USDA and AAALAC requirements.
- Maintain awareness of all inquiries and shipments. Direct and track progress of all shipments.
- Seek and provide client feedback to team to ensure a client focused environment
- Assist in training of staff
- Serve on the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, as needed.
- Engage in all human resource related activities of staff including but not limited to performance review, objective setting, and recruitment and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Evaluate and develop current processes, and improve/replace when deemed appropriate. (i.e. annual review of SOP's, new SOP submissions)
- Participate in, assist with or lead client site visits.
- Independently identify lead and complete projects to develop and achieve strategic business objectives
- Ensure maintenance of physical plant and general maintenance repair through routine review and reporting.
- Budget input, inventory management and responsibility for revenue and operating margin.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Support and assist Site Director in operation of site
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- A minimum of 3-5 years of leadership experience including direct supervision, setting of performance expectations and management.
- BS degree or Associate degree with strong emphasis in Life Sciences.
- Demonstrates ability to form, lead, mentor, train and motivate employees in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow SOP's and programs to ensure employee and animal safety. Ability to coach and enforce compliance with EH&S polices and AAALAC standards.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and projects, making effective judgments as to prioritizing, time allocation and attention to detail