Provide expertise, advisement, coordination and recommendations on all phases of construction management and implementation in direct support of the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations, Office of Facilities Management (OBO/FAC). As a member of OBO/FAC, advise on how to meet project needs through the contractors and advise on construction observation activities. Advise members of the OBO/FAC team and contractors to promote effective support of construction and oversite operations, as well as agency-specific operations. Maintain accurate records of buildings, ancillary structures, facility assets/equipment, and materials.
- Serves as a principal advisor to OBO/FAC and oversees the planning, organizing, coordinating of activities, resources, equipment and information for large single and/or multiple projects.
- Advises on the development and implementation of comprehensive project schedules and the presentation, review and tracking of approved project(s) changes and manages the production of updated schedules.
- Works closely with OBO/FAC and post Facility Managers to ensure contract stipulations and requirements are properly followed by all contractors who perform maintenance, repair and construction activities/projects in support of OBO. Reports to the OBO/FAC Division Chief or other designated representatives within OBO/FAC or missions overseas.
- Identifies a variety of alternatives for meeting current and anticipated project requirement and advises on how to meet project needs from the availability of contractors and their expertise to the employable use of local assets (i.e. USG or contract). Recommends the most viable options and develops action plans and strategies to implement approved options.
- Ensures that all required project actions are understood and carried out in accordance with the decisions and directions of senior leadership, including following up on decisions and ensuring the completion of required actions in a timely manner. Advises appropriate DOS personnel on the preparation of reports, papers, and other documents for senior leadership, including sensitive documents for OBO-level and/or
- Chief of Mission-level action.
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations. Oversees the preparation of meeting minutes, presentations and reporting documents; the compilation and proper filing of project documents; and the development and/or review planning documents.
- Develops detailed written assessments of the effectiveness of OBO/FAC projects. Identifies areas of potential improvement in efficiency and effectiveness and recommends specific actions to bring about needed improvements.
- Works closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving OBO/FAC and post Facility Management; coordinates the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, and specialty disciplines; and provides support in project planning, review, bid, and construction phases.
- Enlists the support of other staff as necessary to accomplish project objectives within the established timeframes.
- Ensures all project objectives are met and that resulting recommendations for action are sound and practical and include implantation plans. Follows up to ensure that approved recommendations are successfully implemented.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to employees assigned to OBO/FAC and post Facility Management.
- Performs annual training as required for efficiency and compliance.
- Develops and trains personnel on project functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/architecture/technical discipline or Construction Management is preferred.
- Minimum year's relevant experience.Level II - 2 to 4 yearsLevel IV - 7 to 10 years
- Level III - 4 to 7 years
- Level I - 1 to 2 years
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Project.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license to operate Mission vehicles
- Must have good working knowledge to identify and mitigate safety hazards and capable to ensure Facilities comply with local environmental, U.S. OSHA and local safety standards
- Mastery of project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to OBO/FAC and post Facility Management in meeting short and long term operational requirements and in developing plans that optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness in the assigned project management and support area.
- Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities
- Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations. Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations; and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
- Ability to take decisive action and speak with authority on behalf of management in obtaining consensus on operational requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
- Ability to provide leadership and work effectively, cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high profile, results-driven activity. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often controversial technical and management issues, and represent OBO/FAC in a variety of forums.
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.