|# of Openings||1|
(Mayvin) is currently seeking experienced energetic self-starters to aid in bringing business development opportunities from post-capture levels through to successful bids as a Proposal Manager. The Proposal Manager is responsible for proposal development, including maintaining schedules; coordinating inputs, reviews, and win strategy implementation; mitigating proposal development risks; and providing process leadership. This person will conduct training, lead/write winning proposals, and coordinate proposal efforts of varying size, complexity and scope. Overall responsibilities include management and execution of all phases of a proposal, including development of technical, operational, managerial, teaming, and cost/price solution approaches, as well as conducting color reviews and reporting to executive management on current proposal status.
Position is located in Annandale, Virginia.
• Analyzes requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQs), sources sought notices (SSNs), and requests for information (RFIs) and outlines and organizes proposal submission to be responsive to client requirements, including content, format, forms, and other information.
• Leads proposal kickoff, training, and stand-up meetings that include the Capture Manager, technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and other business development (BD), contracts, finance, HR, and management personnel; prepares proposal planning and development schedules; and coordinates internal and external writing assignments.
• Develops data calls to support capture and proposal efforts, including capabilities matrices and team member experience and past performance, and coordinates collection and integration of data call responses.
• Manages all aspects of the proposal planning and development process.
• Serves as lead writer and/or book boss for various proposal volumes.
• Compiles materials for proposals, quotes, and other responses, ensuring response is compliant and compelling while meeting all client requirements. This involves conducting searches for appropriate materials, such as related project descriptions and resumes of project personnel.
• Creates clear, concise, compelling descriptive narratives for inclusion in competitive proposal offerings by analyzing the underlying communication objectives and working directly with the technical SMEs to develop the required content.
• Communicates complex concepts in a simple and straightforward manner such that a client proposal evaluator can understand the proposed solution and approach.
• Leads and coordinates all proposal color reviews (Blue, Pink, Red, and Gold Team) as well as Green Team Pricing Reviews and White Glove Inspections, including scheduling, preparation, assigning review roles, providing review guidance, leading in-briefs/out-briefs, and coordinating review recovery.
• Proofreads and edits proposal text written by Capture Manager, lead writers, and technical SMEs for compliance, clarity, proper grammar, spelling, and style. This involves proofreading and editing project descriptions, resumes of project personnel, and other proposal inputs.
• Performs desktop publishing for proposals in Microsoft Word to ensure proposal documents are compliant, properly formatted, easy to read, and visually appealing.
• Coordinates with graphic designers to ensure that any required graphic arts materials, such as covers, layout sheets, photographs, organization charts, etc., are produced to specifications and are ready to be included in the submission. Reviews and proofreads these materials.
• Follows through with production of submissions, including printing, collating, and binding hard copy products; generating digital medial; and packaging.
• Contributes to proposal development after action reviews (AARs) and supports all process improvement initiatives.
• Supports maintenance of proposal library by developing and consistently updating resumes, project descriptions, and other proposal model content.
• Effectively manages all corporate data calls related to proposal preparation, ensuring 100 percent on-time responsiveness.
• Attends pre-proposal conferences and site visits, as needed.
• Coordinates with contracts to ensure proper paperwork is submitted for Teaming Agreements (NDA, Consultant Agreements, and Teaming Agreements).
• Other duties as assigned to meet company and departmental goals and objectives.
• 4-6 years of experience in proposal writing and/or management/coordination of DoD and Federal Government proposals
• Understanding of the Shipley BD/Capture and Proposal process
• Familiarity with the FAR and DFAR
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills for coordinating, interfacing, and interacting with team members, clients and company management
• Ability to support and manage multiple concurrent projects with shifting priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to perform research and mastery of web-based applications including GovWin, FPDS, FBO, and SharePoint
• Extensive experience in use of personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite of software applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Graphics experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Certified Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) with a Foundation Level Certification (AM.APMP) or higher a plus.
The Mayvin Consulting Group, Inc. is a dynamic woman-owned small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. Our team brings expert knowledge of project management services specializing in Streamlined Acquisition and Operations Management to government organizations. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to provide our clients with maximum visibility, access, and an impact that serves the needs of the United States. Our team has a diverse array of credentials directly related to providing a comprehensive mission support plan for both military and civilian agencies.
A "Mayvin" is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others - a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a dynamic corporate culture and supportive team environment.
The Mayvin Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.