At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently seeking a highly motivated Department/Project Accounting Manager to partner with the Area Operations Manager and Project Managers in meeting or exceeding the organizational financial goals, monitor and forecast project budgets as well as the Area's Financial Performance Metrics.
Will effectively lead a team of project accountants to ensure procedures and practices are being followed in accordance with company policy and accounting principles. Oversee Accounting staff to include training, utilization, performance appraisals and day-to-day supervising. This position will manage a team of 4- project accountants located in various offices.
*Collaborate with Area/Regional Leadership on various accounting requirements to ensure company-wide financial goals are being met; prioritize business requests and execute in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to, financial projections, mid-year forecasting, annual budgeting and other requests associated with business operations.
*Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as multiplier, profitability, and other financial trends for all projects/contracts;
*Work directly with Area Operations Manager and Assistant Regional Accounting Director (ARAD) to manage and coordinate department and project accounting systems to monitor department general ledger accounts, project budgets, invoicing, payables, receivables and other related financial information
*Perform specialized accounting functions and establish internal controls for procedures and practices in accordance with company policies, accounting procedures and contractual obligations
*Supervise and train a team of 4 project accountants;
*Lead project accountants in working with project managers in reviewing project costs and proactively managing project budgets;
*Hands on project cost accounting required in order to support workflow management of the local Area's Accounting Group
*Schedule/Participate in monthly project reviews/audits
*Responsible for the creation of specialized financial reports and projects unique to management needs.
*Analyze project cost system, research, and correct accounting related problems or issues as they arise.
* 3-5 years direct management experience in accounting department/function
* 5 years of progressive project/general accounting experience in A&E consulting or other service industry;
* Bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred; demonstrated proficiency in various financial processes.
* Strong understanding of all financial business processing: compliance, implementation of best practices, financial controls;
* Experience with cost or project accounting and budgeting.
* Familiarity with complex invoicing requirements of local and state agencies;
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Oracle EBS experience is a plus
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
* Strong people skills with positive attitude and customer service orientation;
* Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; establish and meet deadlines;
* Sound judgment, self-motivated;
* Detail and solution oriented with good problem-solving skills;
* Ability to work well independently as well a part of a team;
* Excellent organization and analytical skills.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
* Some travel between offices is required for a multiple Office Area.
*Preference given to local candidates*
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.