Kearney & Company provides financial services exclusively to the Federal Government, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at .
Kearney & Company is currently seeking an Audit Manager to join our Alexandria, VA team. The Audit Manager will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction within the Department of Defense industry, demonstrate proficiency with accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations. This position requires a mastery of process documentation, risk assessment, data analysis, and writing skills. Additional skills and responsibilities are defined below:
* Provide the first line of supervision to a team of auditing professionals and support staff
* Responsible for the general oversight of the quality control function, including overall work paper review
* Understanding of Government Auditing Standards, audit procedures, and financial analysis techniques
* Self-starter, takes the initiative to deliver quality work products to the client with little direction from supervisor
* Supervise and review work performed by other staff
* Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff
* Provide subject matter technical expertise to delivery team in financial management areas of financial reporting, internal control, and/or financial business systems
* Review draft deliverables prepared by engagement teams and present final results to management
* Assist Partners/Principals and Senior Managers in the creation of proposals, business development, and practice administration
* Utilize technology to share knowledge with team members, develop skills, and continually learn
* Strong customer service skills
* Assist in the development of project management schedules and milestones and effectively manage audit team(s) to meet contractual deliverables
* BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum 4 years with a CPA or 5 years of accounting and auditing experience
* Experience working with Federal and/or DoD clients a plus
* Interim Secret clearance required
* CPA highly desirable
* Proficient with MS Excel
* Up to 25% travel
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-236-2391 or email . Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.