Position Title: Staff Accountant, Investment Accounting
Location: Richmond, VA
Security Clearance Type: N/A
Work Status: US
Position Status: 6 month Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Staff Accountant, Investment Accountant for a position located in Richmond, VA. The client, a Fortune 500 company with over 60 offices in 20+ countries, is a holding company for insurance, reinsurance, specialist advisory and investment operations around the world. This position is responsible for maintaining the accounting records for invested assets and is responsible for the controls and processes around reporting their investment results.
- Update, maintain, and reconcile investment data within our internal investment system
- Prepare journal entries and perform monthly general ledger closings and reporting deliverables
- Perform account reconciliations including identification and remediation of all issues in compliance with SOX control requirements
- Research and analyze investment data and communicate key drivers impacting the account balance fluctuations to management.
- Prepare investment related disclosures for legal entity financial statements in accordance with GAAP and Statutory accounting standards
- Prepare exhibits for internal management review
- Research and interpret accounting guidance and compliance regulations pertaining to investments
- Assist with internal and external audit review
- Assist with systems integration and testing as needed
- Work closely with other functional areas (i.e. treasury, financial reporting, corporate accounting, statutory reporting, tax, ) to resolve issues and support achievement of business goals
- Collaborate with teammates to identify, design, and implement process improvements for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and other strategic accounting and business projects as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; accounting graduate degree preferred.
- Advanced level of Excel knowledge highly preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensing preferred.
- Insurance designations preferred (CPCU, AIAF, ARe).
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry preferred.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.