Role & Responsibilities:
To process payments in a manner that protects the company’s assets and takes advantage of any discounts; ensuring that invoices are paid based on terms of the issued purchase order, resolving frozen vendors and invoices on hold.
• Process all cash disbursements, including wire transfers, ACH and check payments
• Review accuracy of Accounts Payable postings to General Ledger
• Validate accurate execution of a large volume of payment requests in a timely manner
• Collaborate with internal and external business partners to expedite the resolution of issues pertaining to payments (including escheatment)
• Research and disposition any discrepancies by working with other business units • Resolve vendor maintenance additions, changes and issues efficiently
• Execute various reports to ensure invoices will be paid when due per payment terms and discounts
• Inform other Accounts Payable and/or HQ Finance departments of entry corrections, errors, changes and requests to review payables
• In-depth knowledge of Accounts Payable and Keyfile systems preferred
• Extensive experience in Vendor Statements and/or AP/APC departments preferred
• Basic knowledge of purchase order to invoice reconciliation process
• Possess a thorough knowledge of debit memos written (including reason codes) to vendors and credit memos received from vendors
• Basic knowledge of payment terms
• Demonstrate knowledge in performance of basic- to intermediate-level commands in Microsoft Excel
• Strong 10-key and/or Alpha-Numeric data entry skills which includes both speed and accuracy
• Ability to work as a business partner with all associate levels and location
About The Lee Group:
Leading people to Discover The Lee Group Difference for over 40 years…
The Lee Group serves a wide variety of clients ranging from small, start-up and emerging growth companies to Fortune 500 corporations. The Lee Group provides services on a local, regional and national level. We work with customers across all industries, providing solutions to their human capital needs. Whether you have the need for one or one thousand, The Lee Group is your solution!
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.