The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Financial Systems Implementation Principal-P4
This position serves as lead subject matter expert (SME) for financial systems development and implementation initiatives, including Oracle, Readsoft, Hyperion, NetFORUM, LanDESK, ADP, Readsoft, and future platform development initiatives. These very complex technical projects are of vital importance to the successful operations of NRECA and to improving process efficiency and member service. This role requires strong project management skills. Also critical to this role is deep domain and technical knowledge of the historical and current business processes, product features and inter-dependencies of the various applications and processes. This position requires the ability to lead project teams, to act as a model for partnership with strategic partners and to deliver results within a highly matrixed organizational structure - while following the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as the Project Management Institute (PMI) standards.
Purpose and Mission
* Identifies avenues for continuous improvement of services and processes within scope of responsibility that would drive efficiency within Finance and the wider organization.
* Works with Finance leadership to define the Roadmap including working with the business owners to strategize options and develop a strong, well-articulated business case.
* Facilitates prioritization of strategic initiatives and planning those initiatives from initiation to a successful completion on time, in budget and meeting expectations.
* Communicates status of all projects to Finance management to ensure that business needs are met. Monitors the attainment of the expected business value (for example, a specific risk is controlled, process is made more efficient), provides updates to business management and takes corrective actions if expected results are not achieved.
* Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects (management and analysis) with little oversight by management. Leads cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues.
* Takes complex, multidisciplinary projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines, analyzes and manages project scope and objectives.
* Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Determines cadence, conducts project meetings and is responsible for project/program tracking and analysis. Responsible for project risk management and escalation.
* Ensures adherence to best practices, quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
* Manages the integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
* Provides technical and analytical guidance to multiple, simultaneous project teams. Recommends and takes action to solve problems.
* Establishes systems analysis methodology and documentation standards, providing guidance to staff.
* Analyzes, refines, and documents complex system user requirements including functional objectives of system, data sources and availability, including cross-system integration requirements.
* Interprets internal or external business issues and recommend best practices and solutions.
* Provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
* Networks with key contacts outside in area of expertise to grow existing knowledge base.
* Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position's job duties, as well as ensuring staff compliance with security protocols in accordance with NRECA's Personnel and Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures Manuals.
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or a related discipline. Professional certification in primary field required for example: CSP, ACP or PMP.
10+ years of demonstrated project management experience with financial systems and management with a focus on directly supporting large scale application development projects utilizing System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
* Knowledge and understanding of (1) all Finance processes and the various systems used by Finance; (2) internal control and risk management framework principles as defined by the Committee of Sponosring organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) and Sarbanes Oxley; and (3) generally accepted accounting principles as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to analyze system/ data/ functional/ integration impacts across various applications as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Proficient in application/software testing processes (Manual and Automated - Unit, System, and Integration) as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to lead people and foster collaborative skills/consensus building while operating in a fast-moving environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to define issues, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and apply to work environment as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to effectively interact with others and work in a team environment and providing follow-up when needed as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to perform and work on multiple tasks while being flexible and able to cope with changing conditions/policies/procedures in a fast-paced and sometimes intense working environment, while staying productive and maintaining a high level of accuracy as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership and employees in a clear and precise manner, as demonstrated by prior work experience. Ability to coach, train and mentor staff.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine, 10-key adding machine, and multiple line telephone as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
* Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.