|Sr. Financial Analyst|
| Summary: Take a lead role in planning and developing the annual and multi-year WGL Energy budget and associated quarterly and monthly forecasts. |
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Prepare, coordinate and review WGL operational and financial data for inclusion in annual and ongoing financial statement forecasts.
* Develop and maintain all aspects of WGL 5-year forecasting models. This includes ongoing intra-year updates.
* Assist with the development and updating of corporate budget data. Maintains and updates cash requirements forecasts to meet the needs of WGL Treasury department.
* Prepare WGL monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis using several bases, including forecast to actual, budget to actual, forecast to the previous forecast, forecast to previous actual, etc. Establish explanations for variances. Present variances and explanations to various internal parties, provide supporting documentation as required.
* Assist company management with preparing presentations for internal Board reporting and other internal and external reporting requirements.
* Interact with other groups within Finance, notably Accounting, to obtain data needed for forecasts, variance analysis, and reporting.
* Serve as an internal financial consultant to operating managers and executives regarding the financial implications of alternative courses of action.
Skills & Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or related field.
* Relevant advanced degree helpful and may substitute for one year of work experience.
* Professional certification (CFA, CPA, FP&A) preferred.
* At least five years of experience in financial management, financial systems, accounting, forecasting and/or budgeting.
* Experience utilizing complex financial models to forecast Pro-forma financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flows).
* Demonstrated working knowledge of commodity markets preferred.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting practices and standards. Knowledge of derivatives accounting practices helpful.
* Experience developing, evaluating and communicating the results of complex financial analyses required.
* Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
* Demonstrated proficiency performing data analysis to support business decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to verbally communicate complex information logically, concisely and effectively to diverse audiences.
* Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with external and internal audiences to effectively carry out work responsibilities.
* Demonstrated commitment to quality, accuracy and continuous improvement.
* Demonstrated ability to independently develop solutions to complex problems, obtain buy-in, and drive to results.
WGL is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled