CTC is looking for a full time network/systems engineer for an energetic andgrowing brand merchandising company in Lanham, MD. Employees are using Windows (7-10),
Mac OSX 10.9+, Windows Server 2003 - 2012r2, Ubuntu 14.04+. Primary responsibility will be to ensure systems continue to operate, VPN and telephony services are up, OS and Software
patches are applied, core applications are up and available to our user community, and to stay abreast of evolving infrastructure technologies and best practices. Experience with Dell
SonicWall firewalls, Active Directory 2008+ and O365 are a must. Strong communication skills and reliability are required to be successful.
* Monitor all internal servers and primary applications running in our environment, including
domain controllers, backup/file share, print servers, VPN, and development environments.
* Respond to and correct issues in our data center virtualized environment; VMWare / HyperV.
We use an Expedient vColo to manage the hardware, we manage from the VM up in the stack.
* Ensure nightly backups are running correctly, knowledge of scheduling tasks and batch scripting
o Experience with Unitrend backup appliance a plus.
* Troubleshoot any network issues, remote connectivity issues that employees have with VPN,
core application issues, focal member of the incident response team (virus or ransomware
cleanup), deal with hardware failures.
* Communicate with internal staff to proactively notify us of issues such as patches, end of life
(e.g. XP), upgrades, etc.
* Experience maintaining proactive monitoring systems such as Logic Monitor, Data Dog, or
* Monitoring and correcting issues identified by our SIEM/IDS system. Experience with Event
Tracker a plus.
* 5-7 years related network operations
* Sonic Wall firewall configuration and management, site to site & SSL VPN.
* Vmware ESXi 6.0 experience required.
* Basic Linux systems administration: updates, networking, NFS shares, etc.
* Tier 2 desktop troubleshooting and installation, backup to FTE Help Desk Technician.
* Comfortable with building or repairing desktop and server systems. Building virtual servers.
* Voice/Telephony experience a plus, Mitel PBX / Teleworker with a managed service provider
* Knowledge and experience with IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, QoS, vLAN.
* Knowledge and experience with O365 (exchange online, SharePoint configuration, OneDrive,
Azure Sync, etc).
* Experience troubleshooting Fiber/Connectivity problems with vendors.
* Knowledge and experience using a trouble ticketing / change management systems
* Scripting in Bash, Powershell, batch required.
* Energetic person with passion to continue learning.
* Ability to learn fast and apply knowledge in different situations, ability to quickly research
solutions to problems.