|Title||Project Manager I|
|Description||Plans, monitors and controls information technology projects.|
IT project management is part project management, part technology operations and part general management. IT project managers plan, organise, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
They coordinate the work of other IT professionals and administrative staff to produce a new piece or system of software. The core elements of the job are about organising people and time resources, and seeing the project through from inception to completion. Project managers have ultimate responsibility for meeting the business's or client's needs.
* Developing project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
* Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
* Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
* Organising and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
* Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
* Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
* Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications.