|# of Openings:||1|
Convergence Technology Consulting (Convergence), a Maryland-based small business, specializes in application delivery through virtualization, mobility and custom application development. We are experts in delivering applications and services from the data center to the endpoint. We also have a strong security expertise that deliveries monitoring and protection from the network to the endpoint.
Convergence is one of a few companies that hold the top certifications/partnerships with the industry leaders (Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware). We have implemented some of the largest projects throughout our company history.
Convergence has as a strong reputation for building custom enterprise-class applications that meet our customer's objective. We distinguish ourselves by having technical expertise across multiple platforms and languages, including both proprietary and open-source technologies.
Convergence deliveries on our customers mission.
Convergence has received many honors/awards over the past five years including, but not limited to, Best Places to Work 2011, 2012, and 2013, Top Systems Integrator, and Top 500 Fastest Growing Company by INC Magazine.
Convergence provides its employees excellent benefits that include medical, short and long term disability, dental, 401K employee matching, health allowance, and a few others. We promote employee growth though trainings, seminars, and incentives. Convergence enjoys a low-turnover rate. JOIN THE TEAM!!!!
EOE Minorities|Females|Protected Veterans|Disabled
ConvergenceTechnology Consulting is seeking a System Administrator to be responsible for providing Tier I & II help desk support and basic/intermediate level troubleshooting for system users. Day to day functions will be focused on basic IT services (e.g. ensuring backups are completed and systems are online and available, answering trouble tickets and interfacing with system users).
* Responsible for all aspects of systems operations for a Microsoft based server environment
* Performs all systems administration functions, including account management, user support, system upgrades, system restorations, system backups, status monitoring and reporting
* Troubleshoot user accounts, platform configuration changes, software version changes and other system performance and resolves problems with skill and professionalism
* Must be able to work in a team environment and independently when required
* Plan and coordinate software and system changes with government customers and teammates
* Ensure that all actions meet system security requirements
* Must have initiative and be able to engineer to products and configurations
* Using services oriented processes with documentation, provide systems administration and network management services for program network and specified systems, including workstations, servers, telecomm systems, and interface to external systems.
* Manage systems for operational readiness, availability and reliability of all program systems and communications equipment and services of the global infrastructure, WAN, LANs and remote sites
* Maintain SOPs to be included in system accreditation documentation
* Coordinate and implement upgrades of Program systems
* Provide ongoing technical support for wide area networks, other voice and data lines, and coordinate with external support vendors and government to maintain services or new starts. Generate technical documentation pertaining to acquisition of such services, engineering changes, and telecommunications circuit replacement. Manage associated service factors such as T1 provisioning and program voice/ data units and service distribution to Program Office.
* Perform account management and provisioning for program network and all designated systems and applications requiring accounts, including web portals, web based document management solutions.
* Ensure all hardware, software, network devices, and peripheral equipment are functioning properly and serviced.
* Ensure that all security accreditation requirements are met documented and maintained. Apply other appropriate guidance to lesser classified systems.
* Establish communications with and utilize the Information Assurance Division expertise and support through the C&A efforts through accreditation and following life cycle IT and mission systems.
* Provide ISSO support in ensuring IA Group is included in all changes made to all networks so that these changes may be incorporated in the appropriate accreditation packages 100% of the time.
* Train users as needed on desktop and developed applications.
* Document and test all network expansions, modifications, and upgrades prior to implementing in production.
* Provide COMSEC equipment trained staff to support equipment and key requirements and coordinate with program COMSEC custodian.
* Provide network management support through system management tools ensuring effective and efficient management of the system.
* Ensure all applications are functioning properly and provide upgrade to applications as planned through the change control process.
* Install and test new equipment and remove or coordinate removal of surplus equipment.
* Interface with industry service providers and any remote site customer POC, ensuring lines are operational, taking immediate corrective actions for any loss of service or diminished services, troubleshooting system components coordinating with the service providers and providing documentation to reflect any system architecture changes.
2 to 5 years of experience plus Bachelor's degree, Other certifications are a plus
Experience and knowledge working with the policy, procedures and guidelines described in:
DoD System Technology R&D programs
High Clearance Level