Information Assurance Engineer
Convergence Technology Consulting is looking for an Information Assurance (IA) Engineer to perform numerous information assurance activities; including the verification of compliance with established security procedures and standards, identify and document vulnerabilities, and make recommendations on mitigating actions in conformance with security guidelines.
- Provide life-cycle security services including certification & accreditation (C&A).
- Develop security architectures and solutions.
- Perform security test and evaluations.
- Assist the client in attaining their protection goals.
- Assist the client with making decisions concerning information assurance requirements and security management including incident reporting and training and awareness.
- Provide tier one security related user support via the help desk.
- Assist the network engineering staff with day-to-day maintenance.
- BS Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5-7 years of related Information Assurance experience.
- High Level Government Clearance required
- Proficient in the predominant OS that will be audited (Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7) (certification in these areas a plus- especially security related).
- Proficient in networking activities like configuring routers, switches, IDS, IPS, and firewalls (CCNA a plus, SANS-related certs a plus).
- Proficient in Information Assurance practices (CISSP cert a plus).