The Program Coordinator provides overall programmatic support to the Women's Business Center (WBC) Director and coordinates the operations of the Women’s Business Center of West Virginia. The Program Coordinator has two primary responsibilities:
||Women’s Business Center Director
||Women’s Business Center of West Virginia
||Small Business Administration
||Fairmont, WV or Charleston, WV
Other responsibilities include in-take and initial counseling with clients, and assistance in the preparing of organizational reports, publications, and other materials.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating the planning, scheduling, and promotion of the WBC – WV’s events, workshops, training and coaching services.
- Managing the collection, maintenance, and reporting of participant and performance data to the SBA and NCIFund. This includes oversight and use of the data collection system (Outcome Tracker or Neoserra) used by WBC – WV.
Undergraduate degree with 5 years of data management and program administration experience preferred; alternatively, a high school diploma/GED with 7+ years of experience including data management/program administration.
- Provide 1:1 initial in-take and consultation with clients seeking guidance in entrepreneurship
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and promote various training/workshop/conferences across the state of West Virginia
- Maintain and compile detailed participant data and records of all programming including seminars, workshops, client records and economic impact
- Create marketing materials for Statewide and Local events, flyers, and brochures
- Market and promote upcoming seminars/trainings through social media, email marketing campaigns
- Assist WBC Director with grant writing, including renewals, reporting, and data compilation as needed
- Serve as liaison for maintaining and updating organizations systems, such as website
Note also that excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently are critical for job success.
- Strong, demonstrated experience managing data successfully
- Working knowledge of the small business operating environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Social media expertise and ability to use new IT applications required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Event planning experience preferred
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and/or financial statements would be highly preferred
- The Small Business Administration is the program partner and the funding agency for the WBC.
- There exists a cooperative agreement between the SBA and NCIFund which details program goals, objectives and expected outcomes.
- The program service area is entire State of West Virginia.
NATURAL CAPITAL INVESTMENT FUND Organizational OvervieW
Natural Capital Investment Fund (NCIFund) is a US Treasury certified CDFI (community development financial institution), and the only statewide CDFI in WV. It received a multi-year grant from the SBA in March 2020 to support the Women’s Business Center – West Virginia.
NCIFund lends and delivers technical assistance to enterprises that promote a healthy environment and healthy families in West Virginia, North Carolina, and the Appalachian regions of surrounding states. We manage $50 million in assets and lend $12 M - $15 M per year. Through 2019, NCIFund has invested more than $72 M in 340 enterprises that have created or retained over 6,200 jobs, primarily for low and moderate income individuals.
Roughly ½ of the businesses we support are owned by women or minorities, and ¾ are in rural or economically underserved communities. NCIFund believes capital alone is not enough to generate the economic boost these communities deserve. So, we deliver over 4,000 hours of technical assistance annually to prospective borrowers and portfolio companies, making sure they are well-equipped to make the best use of NCIFund’s loan capital.
NCIFund meets its mission as a CDFI by supporting triple-bottom-line (TBL) enterprises that promote equity, protect the environment, and grow the economy. These include healthy local food and specialty agriculture; renewable energy and energy efficiency; eco- and heritage tourism; child and adult day care; primary health care providers, and small town main street redevelopment.
The WBC – WV builds on our vision that well-supported, home-grown talent can take the lead in growing TBL businesses in many sectors. These will form the economic foundation of lasting and resilient communities by replacing extractive industries with enterprises that produce essential goods and services, use natural resources wisely, and create local wealth via living wage jobs with benefits and skill building opportunities.
- This job requires regular travel, including overnight travel, both in-state and out-of-state.
- Collaboration with other NCIFund programs is required; collaboration with other Resource Providers is highly recommended.
The Conservation Fund, a Non Profit Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or practice in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.