ASR Group is the world's largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company's brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino, C&H, Redpath, Tate & Lyle, Lyle's and Sidul.
The No. 1 Electrician installs, connects, maintains, and repairs electrical and closely allied equipment such as starters, electrical motors, switches, switchboards, electrical circuits, etc., using tools such as volt meters, mega and ampmeters, etc.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adjusts electrical equipment such as timers, brakes, relays, VFD's, etc.
- Cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs conduit and fittings.
- Tests circuits for continuity, proper connection and load, using testing equipment such as amp meters, voltmeters, watt meters, etc.
- Reads and interprets blue prints, sketches and schematic drawings, as required.
- Plans minor lay-outs; determines materials and supplies needed in accordance with applicable codes.
- Performs other duties such as the above in carrying out the instruction of higher rated electricians to whom assigned, or the orders of Supervisors.
- Performs all jobs in accordance with established safety practices and sanitation standards.
- Lay out, assembles, installs, maintains, repairs, and tests complicated electrical and closely allied equipment such as electrical circuits, fixtures, control equipment, motors, generators, etc.
- Plans major and difficult installations from blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
- Splices high voltage wires and solders high voltage connections.
- Instructs lower rated electricians in the proper performance of their duties as may be required.
- Performs other duties such as the above in carrying out the orders of the Supervisors.
- The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements involved in the job.
- Four years industrial electrical experience within a refinery
- PLC knowledge/experience will be considered a plus
- High school education or equivalent
- NCCER Certification
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Must be able to read blueprints, be familiar with the principles of electricity, and with the construction and functioning of electrical equipment in accordance with applicable codes.
- Must have good electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to use electrician's tools and shop equipment and be able to install, connect, and repair electrical equipment.
- Must be able to withstand considerable physical effort including standing or walking, climbing, lying in a prone position, crouching, kneeling, carrying, pulling, and pushing.
- Must have ability to work on scaffolds or ladders safely
- Must be able to frequently lift moderately heavy materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
LOCATION OF ROLE
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.