Alpha Omega Integration, LLC., a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-2019, along with recognition such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50, Inc. 5000 #143, Washington Technology Fast 50 #11, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award is actively seeking passionate leaders to join our team, support our nation's government agencies, and make a difference!
We foster a culture that values hard work and integrity. We are constantly awarding those who are self-starters, trustworthy, and have a good work ethic. If you like working with the latest in IT solutions and are looking to join an organization that is consistently voted one of the best in which to work, then check out your next career opportunity below!
We are actively seeking team members who enjoy meeting challenges with a smile. We offer a fast-paced, growing environment that takes care of the overall development of our employees. AOI has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team where you'll have the opportunity to make a difference.
The HR Generalist functions as direct support to the HR Director. The Incumbent assists with overseeing current processes and ensuring completion and compliance. Duties include but not limited to; Orientations, On-boarding/Off-boarding of employees, Benefits, HR Management, Policy/procedure enforcement, HR Site visits, Employee engagement, and employee relations. In addition, the HR Generalist is responsible for managing the HR Coordinator and ensuring tasks are completed
- Develops and conducts annual Training Programs such as; General Management, Ethics, Mentoring, Sexual Harassment and develops on-going training plans as needed
- Executes Employee Engagement plan; Happy Hours, Annual Holiday Party, Ad-Hoc events, Summer Picnic and ensures items are followed through, development of other activities to improve engagement and retention
- Project planning development with HR Director on new projects - research and development
- Manages orientation program for all new employees (held every Monday) and makes on-going improvements to the program
- Oversees and processes all annual reporting compliance; EEO-1, VETS, AAP, 5500, OSHA, non-discrimination testing, and other compliance reporting requirements
- Manages and ensures AAP/OFFCP requirements; prepares annual reports and recommends changes to ensure compliance
- 401k Administration; oversees administrative tasks under 401k plan (loans, quarterly enrollment seminars w/broker, serves on 401k committee, education, 5500 filing, etc.)
- HR Generalist duties; resolving employee issues and employee relations; answering employee questions; general HR issues, researching issues to find best practice and recommends changes
- Paylocity go-to person and a focus on automation of tasks and also future system automation go-to person
- Conducts employee surveys; annual employee satisfaction, best places to work, etc.
- Conducts corporate recruitment efforts (as needed) for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates.
- FMLA/STD-LTD management, tracking, and reporting
- Ensures compliance with E-Verify and USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits I-9 forms.
- Works in conjunction with the HR Director on the development of policies/procedures as needed and makes all updates to Employee Handbook and employee portal
- Monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures all performance reviews are completed within 30 days of the employee's due date
- Serves as point of conduct for questions regarding payroll from Finance
- Conducts monthly HR Site visits which are used to determine employee engagement and address any HR concerns with offsite employees
- Conducts annual HR Audit to ensure compliance with laws and regulations; reports findings to HR Director
- Oversees Employee Recognition Programs; Spot Bonuses, Approves/Rejects from HR and processes requests
- Employee Portal Maintenance; policy changes, announcements
- Conducts Exit Interviews with departing employees and collects metrics to be used for retention efforts.
- Facilities annual Open Enrollment, point of contact for questions and ensures employees complete enrollment.
- Manages support and human resources Inbox's and ensures all emails are responded to within "48" hours
- Supervises and mentors HR Coordinator
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Provides weekly status report to HR Director
- Integrity, discretion, and good judgment. This positions handles a significant amount of confidential and sensitive information and continually makes judgment calls regarding priorities and information requests
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, oral, and written) with a keen attention to detail. This position represents and crafts messages on behalf of the Human Resources Department
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. This position requires daily interaction with Sr. Executives across the company, employees and potential employees
- Excellent proofreading with keen observation and detail oriented skills
- Capable of handling potentially difficult situations independently
- Ability to adapt
- Must be present a professional demeanor at all times
- Strong Time Management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or 5-6 years of equivalent experience in a Human Resources position
- 4-5 years' of progressive experience in Human Resources Position
- Experience and strong knowledge of HR compliance, employee benefits, HRIS, performance management, and payroll
- Experience working with a federal contractor preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Tolls (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred but not required
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC (AOI) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at AOI will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. AOI does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status."