The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD
, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector.
Members work in thousands of organizations of all sizes, in government, as independent consultants, and suppliers. Started in 1943, in recent years ATD has widened the profession’s focus to link learning and performance to individual and organizational results, and is a sought-after voice on critical public policy issues. ATD...
Our mission: Empower professionals to develop knowledge & skills successfully.
Our vision: Create a world that works better.
- Provides resources for learning and performance professionals, educators, and students—research, analysis, benchmarking, online information, books, and other publications
- Brings professionals together in conferences, workshops, and online
- Offers professional development opportunities for learning practitioners, from a Job Bank and Career Center, to certificate programs and the only credential offered in the field: the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
- Serves as the voice of the profession to the media and to public policy makers in the U.S., and collaborates with other associations, organizations, and educational institutions to advance the profession
- Through its awards programs, recognizes excellence and sets the standard for best practices in talent development.