NFIB’s mission is to promote and protect your right to own, operate and grow your business.
What is NFIB?
- Founded in 1943, and headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, the National Federation of Independent Business is America’s leading small-business advocacy association.
- NFIB has a team of lobbyists in Washington, D.C. and in all 50 states fighting to give every type of small and independent business a voice in government policy-making.
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit association, NFIB has 350,000 small and independent business owners across the nation.
- NFIB research and polls, such as its monthly Small Business Economic Trends, have been used and cited by Federal Reserve officials, Congress, state legislatures and top gubernatorial and presidential administration officials as one of the more valuable barometers of the American economy.
- NFIB also provides its members with products and services to help them own operate and grow their business, including access to cost-effective commercial and health insurance, savings on office equipment, maintenance & repair supplies, products to effectively market their business and much more.
What is NFIB not?
- NOT a voice for Big Business:
- 60% of NFIB members have 5 or fewer employees.
- 55% of NFIB members report gross sales of $350,000 or less.
- NOT under the direction of major contributors:
- NFIB’s overall membership will always determine NFIB policies.
- Each NFIB member gets ONE vote. No exceptions.
- To prevent un-due influence by any one member or group, NFIB dues are capped at a maximum of $10,000.